One of the easiest dinner recipes to make for my family on hectic evenings is this Sheet Pan Italian Seasoned Chicken and Vegetables Recipe. There are minimal ingredients to mess with, and it is ready in about an hour.
SHEET PAN ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE
You know those days that just sort of run off the tracks and you lose all sense of time. The kind where you were feeling good, had a schedule all lined up, and next thing you know, people are staring at you wondering what time you will be eating dinner? Yeah, those days. Luckily there is a quick fix for the dinner dilemma that doesn’t involve pulling up to a drive-thru window and getting your bag of dinner.
This Sheet Pan Italian Seasoned Chicken & Vegetables is fast, brimming with flavor, and soon to be a family favorite. It’s so simple, that all the prep work can be completed while you are preheating the oven. So, next time you appear to be leaning towards a fast food restaurant to solve a simple problem, break out the baking sheet and some chicken breasts, and get ready to claim victory.
WHAT IS SHEET PAN ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES?
It is a very simple meal that only requires a single baking sheet or baking dish to prepare. It contains boneless, skinless chicken breasts, some red potatoes, green beans, butter, and a single packet of Italian Dressing seasoning. It is a full dinner that involves very little prep work, as well as clean up afterward.
WHAT DOES THIS ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN RECIPE TASTE LIKE?
Even though there are not a ton of ingredients in this meal, it is very flavorful. There is a refreshing, unique savoriness brought to you by the Italian dressing seasoning. The green beans and potatoes add some variety to the simple chicken breasts.
SHEET PAN ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES INGREDIENTS
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 2 lbs.
- Frozen whole green beans – 1 steamer bag
- Red potatoes – 8
- Butter – 8 Tbsp (1 whole stick)
- 1 packet Italian Dressing seasoning
SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE
This sheet pan Italian chicken and veggies recipe is very easy to make, and definitely, one to remember for those hectic evenings.
1. The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Spray a large baking sheet or 4-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cut red potatoes into quarters.
4. Arrange potatoes, chicken, and frozen green beans in 3 rows on the baking sheet or in baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the entire contents of an Italian Dressing seasoning packet on top of the chicken, beans, and potatoes.
6. Cut 8 tbsp stick of butter into 8 pieces, and then cut each piece diagonal again to make 16 smaller pieces. Arrange butter pieces evenly on top of all ingredients on the tray.
7. Bake for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked throughout, and potatoes are fork-tender.
8. Serve immediately.
IS SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES HEALTHY?
On the whole, baked chicken with italian dressing is a fairly balanced and nutritious recipe. Depending on the brand of Italian Dressing seasoning you select, there are going to be preservatives or non-natural ingredients. You can avoid those if you pick an organic dressing seasoning. If you want to substitute the butter with an olive oil-based butter alternative, there is that option as well.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME?
This recipe is best made and served right away. Having said that, leftovers the next day are good after heated in the microwave. Any more time involved, and the beans may lose their firmness and become kind of sloppy.
CAN YOU FREEZE SHEET PAN ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES?
I wouldn’t. The cooking time is based on raw, not frozen, chicken breasts. If you were to freeze this and then try to heat it in the oven, your cooking times would be all different for the three components of the meal, and it just wouldn’t work in your favor.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS SHEET PAN ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE?
This is pretty much an entire meal on one baking sheet. You are more than welcome to add a side salad if you would like. But, this meal contains protein, starches, and green vegetables, and is a very well balanced meal that, can be made rather quickly.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SHEET PAN RECIPE HEALTHIER
If you want to make this sheet pan Italian seasoned chicken recipe healthier, it would require swapping out a couple of the ingredients. You can go with organic chicken and vegetables, and you can also pick an organic Italian Dressing seasoning that doesn’t have any preservatives in it.
WHAT KITCHEN TOOLS DO I NEED TO MAKE SHEET PAN ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES?
1. A baking sheet or 4-quart baking dish
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY SHEET PAN MEAL RECIPES?
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 steamer bag frozen, whole green beans
- 8 red potatoes quartered
- 8 tbsp butter divided into 8 pieces
- 1 packet Italian Dressing seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet or 4-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes, chicken, and frozen green beans in 3 rows the length of the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle Italian Dressing seasoning over all three rows of ingredients.
- Top with 8 tbsp of butter, evenly spaced over all three rows.
- Bake for 1 hour, until chicken is cooked throughout, and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve and enjoy