Planning a fun, family getaway? Wondering where to stay on Jekyll Island? There are plenty of hotels on Jekyll Island to choose from, and Golden Isles are ready for your arrival!
WHERE TO STAY ON JEKYLL ISLAND, GA
If you are looking for a fun beach getaway that is not too crowded and loaded with activities, then you should consider Jekyll Island. Jekyll Island is located in the Golden Isles off the coast of Georgia, next to Saint Simon’s and Brunswick Islands. The island has something for everyone! You’ll find scenic beaches, marshlands, nature and wildlife preserves, the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, and Summer Waves waterpark. Those are just a few of the things to do on Jekyll Island. Don’t forget to check out the Jekyll Island Dolphin Tour. Since most of the island is preserved as a state park, it is much less crowded than the neighboring islands and beach towns. If you are wondering where to stay and what hotels are on Jekyll Island, then allow me to be your guide!
178 South Beachview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
The Courtyard By Marriott is one of our favorite places to stay on Jekyll Island. This beachfront, pet-friendly hotel was opened in 2021 and is worth checking out.
Why Families Like Staying At Courtyard by Marriott Jekyll Island
- All the rooms have a balcony, offering beachfront, ocean, or island views.
- Kids will enjoy the massive pool, located just steps from the beach. And parents will appreciate the comfortable lounges with poolside service from the bar.
- The complimentary breakfast is really good and serves a wide array of both hot and cold food options that change throughout the week.
178 South Beachview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
The Residence Inn by Marriott on Jekyll Island shares half the property with The Courtyard by Marriott. While Courtyard offers more of a full resort experience, The Residence Inn provides more independence in a condo-like setting. Both locations have access to all the outdoor amenities, but Courtyard guests do not receive complimentary breakfast. For busy guests, that is good since they are not charged for a service they don’t have access to. The hotel is in a more secluded part of the island, meaning the beach does not get too crowded, even during peak season.
Why Families Like Staying At Residence Inn by Marriott Jekyll Island
- Guests get to enjoy the flexibility of condo living in a tropical setting.
- The spacious rooms with pullout sofas are perfect for accomodating larger families.
- Beachfront Access. Simply walk past the pool and there is a boardwalk that brings you directly to the beach.
101 Ocean Way, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
Home2 Suites by Hilton on Jekyll Island is a pet-friendly hotel, close to the beach and the Jekyll Island Beach Village.
Why Families Like Staying At Home2 Suites By Hilton Jekyll Island
- The hotel has a large, zero-entry swimming pool, surrounded by plenty of lounges and seating. The outdoor jacuzzi tub and firepit are a pleasant way to relax after a day playing at the beach.
- The guestrooms are clean and spacious. You can also reserve rooms that have a kitchen equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, and cooktop if you wish to cook your meals.
- There is a complimentary continental breakfast in the hotel lobby daily. Hotel guests can enjoy warm breakfast sandwiches, cereals, fruit, and coffee.
- The hotel is located only a short walk away from Dunes Beach, and the shopping at Jekyll Island Beach Village. The Jekyll Island Market is just a 5-minute walk from the front doors of the hotel if you need additional supplies.
The Jekyll Island Club is rich in history. Constructed in the 1800s, The Jekyll Island Club was originally the winter getaway for titans of industry and wealthy travelers. Now, you can vacation like a Vanderbilt!
Why Families Like Staying At Jekyll Island Club Resort
- Step back into time and explore the grounds of The Jekyll Island Club. The vacation homes of many of America’s wealthiest families during the Industrial Revolution still occupy the property.
- Though located on the inlet side of the island, there is a free shuttle that will transport you over to the beach, as well as a return trip when you are ready to head back to the resort.
- Kids will love splashing the pool, and exploring the island’s 25 miles of bike paths that pass through the Jekyll Island Club.
- The hotel is a short walk to The Georgia Sea Turtle Center!
80 Ocean Way, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
The Jekyll Ocean Club Resort is owned and operated by the same company that manages The Jekyll Island Club. If you crave beach access and sunrises, then you will want to stay at The Jekyll Ocean Club. The hotel has 40 rooms, which are all suites and all oceanfront!
Why Families Like Staying Jekyll Ocean Club Resort
- This property is one of the hotels on Jekyll Island with the best beach access. A one-minute walk from the back doors and you will have your feet in the white sand.
- The on-site restaurant, Eighty Ocean, offers a sophisticated, yet laid-back beachy vibe.
- Though extremely close to the beach, the hotel is also a 5-minute walk to the Jekyll Island Beach Village. If you want to take home a memento from your trip, it is worth the stroll.
- The outdoor fire pit is the perfect spot to relax on a breezy night.
110 Ocean Way, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
The Westin on Jekyll Island has direct access to the beach and is the closest hotel to the Jekyll Island Beach Village. The property has lots of palm trees and feels like a lush oasis on a tropical island. Guests enjoy sitting by the fire pit and listening to the Atlantic Ocean breeze as it rustles through the palms. This dog-friendly resort is popular, and repeat visitors are common.
Why Families Like Staying At The Westin Jekyll Island
- Hotel guests can reserve beach lounges and umbrellas. There is no need to travel in a car full of gear when visiting The Westin.
- Every room has a small refrigerator for snacks, very efficient air conditioning, and rainforest-style showers.
- The Reserve, the on-site restaurant at The Westin serves local ingredients and has ample outdoor, patio seating.
- Salty’s Oceanside, the poolside restaurant and bar, is a great spot to grab a bite and a cold beverage on those hot Georgia summer days.
1175 N. Beachview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
If you need additional space, direct beach access, and resort-style amenities, the Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center is where you should stay on Jekyll Island. The property faces the Atlantic Ocean, and is a short distance from the world-famous Driftwood Beach.
Why Families Like Staying At Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center
- The units at Villas by the Sea are huge. If you are traveling with multiple families, or a group of friends, then there is a way to accommodate you. There are studio apartments with a queen bed, all the way up to 3 bedroom villas for larger groups.
- The resort is located in a quieter part of the island, and only 400 feet from Driftwood Beach.
- The larger units have full kitchens. Great for families that like their independence and don’t want to be tied to a specific mealtime schedule!