This is a very quick and easy dough recipe that is perfect for an impromptu pizza night.
DUMP AND STIR PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
In almost every house with kids, lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce, is…THE PIZZA CRAVING! This craving usually strikes at inconvenient times. It’s not exactly like the adult pizza cravings that usually present themselves at the same time as the desire to cook a meal is diminishing. The child’s pizza craving hits usually around the same time as your desire to drive and pick up, or your desire to spend money has almost all but disappeared. Well, good news, help is here! And by help, I mean this Dump & Stir Pizza Dough recipe! Tah-dah!
I love pizza, my wife loves pizza, my kids love pizza. But sometimes, I don’t want sit at the dinner table staring at an empty greasy pizza box wondering “what…did…I…just…do?” This dump and stir dough recipe is great because it allows you to make a simple dough recipe that you can save in the refrigerator, and make pizza, foccacia breads, garlic knots whenever the craving strikes.
WHAT IS DUMP AND STIR DOUGH?
Dump and stir refers to the method of making the dough. You simply dump all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix them together, finally you stir the dough. It couldn’t be easier. This is the perfect dough recipe for people like me that don’t want to go through the hassle of making dough.
WHAT DOES THIS PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE TASTE LIKE?
You can taste the olive oil in the dough. You will also notice the salt. It has a rather complex flavor profile considering it just has a few ingredients.
DUMP AND STIR PIZZA DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- All purpose flour – 7 1/2 cups
- Granulated sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Yeast – 1 tablespoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Water (lukewarm) – 3 1/4 cups
HOW TO MAKE THIS QUICK AND EASY PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
It’s a fairly easy process and doesn’t take a lot of time to make this mix up this dough recipe, however you do need to allow it to sit for 2 hours. That will give you plenty of time to decide if you are going to make a simple pizza pie or a hearty, greasy pizza recipe.
1. In a large mixing bowl with lid, whisk together flour, yeast, sugar, and salt until evenly blended.
2. Add olive oil and water and stir with a wooden spoon until dough is completely mixed and all the flour is incorporated into the dough.
3. Cover with lid (not airtight), and allow to rise for 2 hours.
4. The dough is now ready for use, or to be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to two weeks.
IS THIS PIZZA DOUGH CONSIDERED HEALTHY?
This recipe is not keto-friendly. Having said that, it is not “unhealthy”. It’s bread. If you are making pizzas, the devil is in the toppings.
CAN YOU MAKE PIZZA DOUGH AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! Seal this dough in an airtight container and it will keep for a couple weeks if stored in a refrigerator.
RELATED: Meal Prep Timesavers
CAN YOU FREEZE PIZZA DOUGH?
Yes, you can freeze pizza dough. Once the dough has risen you can separate it into portions for making pizzas, and freeze those in an airtight container. It’s a great way to make a personal size pizza dough recipe.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH DUMP & STIR PIZZA DOUGH?
This dump & stir dough recipe is perfect for pizza, however, its uses don’t stop there. Use this dough recipe for:
- Focaccia bread
- Garlic knots
- Pizza rolls
WHAT KITCHEN TOOLS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE?
- 7 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 ¼ cups water
- In a large mixing bowl with lid, whisk together flour, yeast, sugar, and salt until evenly blended.
- Add olive oil and water and stir with a wooden spoon until dough is completely mixed and all the flour is incorporated into the dough.
- Cover with lid (not airtight), and allow to rise for 2 hours.
- The dough is now ready for use, or to be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to two weeks.